Copyright in Building Designs - CPD | giovedì, 27. agosto 2020
About this Event
About the Presenter:
Adam was admitted to practice in 2000. He was appointed a partner in 2008. In addition to his qualifications in law, Adam also has a degree in Architectural Studies, and with it a deep and practical understanding of construction and engineering concepts. Adam has experience in a number of areas of law, including insolvency and insurance. Adam's practice is now focused upon building, construction and engineering projects, intellectual property, information technology and contractual advice. Adam is state chair of the South Australian Chapter of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (IPSANZ), a committee member of the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG), and a member of the Law Society of South Australia. Adam is also involved in the Civil Contractors Federation and Master Builders Association SA. Adam was named in the Doyle’s Guide for Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Lawyers in South Australia in 2020.
About the Session:
At the end of this session participants should be able to:
• Identify the documents that define an architect’s intellectual property rights.
• List the forms of representation of a design that are protected by copyright.
• List their obligations to other architects in relation to Moral Rights.
• List the circumstances where are an architect is entitled to be attributed for their work and specify what form this attribution should take.
• Understand how additional copyright licence clauses within the Client Architect Agreement can assist in defining their intellectual property rights.
NSCA Performance Criteria: Practice Management 9.5 Knowledge of the legal and ethical obligations relating to copyright and intellectual property requirements.
1 Formal CPD Point
Brought to you by Revolution Roofing: